Term 1/b - 2020–2021
For the poetry project, we made the ordinary extraordinary. We were wandering and wondering through poetry; at the minutiae of nature and using language to ask questions of the world around us. This started with EarthSpeakr and grew into the handwritten and spoken words you heard on the Wonder Trail.
Playing with language comes naturally to those who are brave enough to let go, embrace mistakes and find the joy in imperfection. Without a doubt, every student found wonder, created wonder, and inspired wonder. Now you can feel it too!
1. Reading and writing - Using language playfully with further knowledge of literary devices
25. Self-expression and 15. Curiosity - Being self-expressed in my writing and speaking
11. Communication - Engaging an audience through strong communication and empathy
20. Persistence - Embracing the process and not dwelling on a perfect product
16. Imagination and 6. Arts and cultures - Filming my final poem for an exposition
19. Empathy and care - Empathising with the world around us and the environment
Check out all the other projects REAL School students have worked on during the second half term of 2020-21 in this half-term booklet.